On this page
TOW is home to studios occupied by artists living in and around Southend. We have a research library which houses the Grrrl Zine Library and hosts the Agency of Visible Women’s weekly meetings, and a risograph printer where we provide a service for small-run DIY publications, workshops and low cost printing. On Wednesday evenings in our screening room the White Bus Cinema hosts archive film screenings on their 16mm and 35mm projectors.
Getting here by train
Southend Central Train Station
- Exit the station on the South Essex College side, turn right on to the high street and then left.
- Continue up the high street, following signs to Victoria Station.
- Walk up Victoria Road for approximately 10 minutes, then turn left on to West Street B1015 by the Blue Boar pub.
- Turn left again after 3 minutes opposite the BP garage on to North Road. TOW is 200m on your left.
Getting here by train
Prittlewell Train Station
- Exit the station on to East Street, continue right for 5 minutes.
- Cross the Victoria Road West Street B1015 junction.
- Continue for a further 3 minutes and turn left opposite the BP garage on to North Road.
- TOW is 200m on your left.
TOW has an accessible entrance, please email if you need special requirements set up in advance or have any questions. We have car and bicycle parking available. Sadly we do not currently have accessible toilets.
For any enquiries or questions please get in touch via email
and follow us through our social media channels
Ruth Jones, Director
Board of Trustees
Mick Ekers, Treasurer
Mark Wilson, Chair
Shaun C Badham
The White Bus
Code of Conduct
- To keep clean and tidy the shared spaces, respecting other TOW Studio residents’ work and property as well as others who use and visit TOW;
- Be kind and welcoming to others. Harassment and sexist, ableist and racist, or other prejudicial comments or behaviours are not welcome;
- Being respectful of differing viewpoints and experiences;
- Respect personal space and ask before entering it;
- Be mindful of language that may exclude or alienate. Please do not disparage others.
We may ask you to leave if you fail to adhere to this code of conduct, with any agreement you have with TOW being terminated with immediate effect.
The Old Waterworks is a registered charity no.1191385.
The Old Waterworks would like to acknowledge the support of Essex & Suffolk Water